Saturday, May 31, 2008

Life transition

Today is not just another normal sunny Saturday. My girlfriend is now employed and today is officially her 1st day at work. Believe it or not, her employer actually calculated feng shui on her behalf and determined that today is a good day to start her maiden career...

... either that or something serious must have happened that they need her to start work as soon as possible. XD

To be frank, I am not entirely satisfied with the terms and conditions as offered by her employer. However, with this being her chosen path, I believe that the best I could do is to supportively stand by her instead of going 101 reasons on why she should not accept the job in the first place. :P

Hmm... let us change our perspective to look at the bright side instead! A new life is waiting and there will be tons of stuff to learn and catch up on! Things could have got worse and it is not the end of the world anyway!

This morning when I fetch her to the office (where someone else will fetch her to the factory), I forgot to give her something important.


Prosperity ang pow for smooth working life ahead.

I wonder how much should I put inside this ang pow? What do you guys think? How much would you put if you were in my position? :/

17 comments:

e$tHer said...

How much also OK eh, as long as got "heart" and bring luck to her...

Which company your gf work?

(e+ho)ng said...

@ey:
She is working at Tiga Gajah Cho Heng Sdn Bhd, somewhere in Sungai Bakap. :S

nahneit said...

Poor eng hong...

I can lend u my shoulder if you wan to cry.

no need give ang pau la, ur support and guidance all the way will be the best ang pau.

(e+ho)ng said...

@hoe tien han:
Not even one of you is answering my question. :P

I do not need any shoulder at the moment. Anyway, I have given her the ang pow. :P

The problem now is a car. Where can I get a car in 1 week?

e$tHer said...

Car? for what?

(e+ho)ng said...

@ey:
For transportation?

Anonymous said...

Give her RM2 la .. my mom also give me this amount nia ...

Fetch her by motor cant ar?

e$tHer said...

What is the main purpose to buy car? Fetch ur wife?

(e+ho)ng said...

@anonymous:
I think I am soon going to ban anonymous from submitting comments as there are way too many people using this troublesome nick.

Anyway, to answer your question, she works at somewhere far away.

@ey:
I am not able to fetch my wife as... I am still single.

Anyway again, my girlfriend works at somewhere far away.

Anonymous said...

Hey, tell others that ANONYMOUS is my nickname ok? Ban them from using this. I am the only one who can use this when posting comment ok? This is my privilege .. lol
By the way, miss me or not? Its been years since my last comment ... I took mc yesterday, running out of mood to work anyway

I don't know where is Sungai Bakap anyway, but you are still running shift right? So how can you fetch her everyday ar?

(e+ho)ng said...

@anonymous:
Kindly use back your registered nick and that will solve 99% of the problem.

Sungai Bakap is somewhere near Tambun. I cannot fetch her to work since it is too far away.

Anonymous said...

I prefer to use anonymous ... as it is cuter than my nick ..
Oh .. nead Tambun there ar? Might consider renting a room in there? Or you change job? Any public transport from Penang to there like Rapid Penang?

(e+ho)ng said...

@anonymous:
She stays there hence she need a transport to go to work daily. She knows no one there.

Anonymous said...

Oh, so you mean she is staying in Sungai Bakap nowadays har? I am closer to you wor .. thinking for changing gf? lol joking .. hope your gf wont read this..
She doesn't have any colleague staying nearby her ar? I will tumpang my colleague's car go to work soon. Hope she can find one too. This will be the hard period, but once she knows ppl over there, she can easily find a way to go to work liao... if you are asking me how, you either 1) buy a car, 2) rent a car, 3) find public transport, 4) rent a taxi, or 5) you quit your job

(e+ho)ng said...

@anonymous:
I have already taken option #1. I think it is time for you to get a car too... unless you want to wait for:

- government to abolish car tax (in your dreams)
- fuel price to increase again and end up regretting not getting a car earlier

Choose.

Almost out of topic...

Anonymous said...

You are buying a car soon? MYVI?
I am waiting for the car prices to drop .. yeah maybe i am dreaming, but currently i am still able to survive without a car, so i am afford to wait ...

(e+ho)ng said...

@anonymous:
Already purchased a car. It's a Viva.

Definitely out of topic now so let us stop here. Anything else, bring it to the chatterbox, please.