Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Sichuan earthquake

A moment of silence as a gesture of respect to all the victims of the Sichuan earthquake.

For the past month, my house's bathroom and toilet looked like it has just survived the infamous earthquake.


My father standing on what used to be the toilet bowl.

The renovator promised my brother to completely overhaul the bathroom and toilet in a short duration of 3 weeks.


Progress after 2 weeks.

Without a bathroom, I have to:

  • put on multiple layers of baby powder before going to work without any bath
  • brush my teeth and wash my face in company toilet every morning
  • drop by at friends' house to bath after work and basketball game
  • remind myself not to drink too much water before going back home
At the same time, I also have to visit the company toilet everyday before leaving to ensure that I did not bring home any unfinished business... if you know what I mean.

Thank God, the renovation is now 100% completed and these are what they looked like:


Raised platform for washing machine.


Door into washroom.


No more wall separating the bathroom from the toilet.

I like the bi-fold door a lot. It saves space and exudes contemporary feeling which differentiate it away from those overused panel door that you see everywhere.


Bi-fold door.

Now, you must be wondering whether I have encountered any scenario of experiencing stomachache or full bladder while I was at home during the renovation period.

The answer is a bolded Yes! How do I resolve it? Well, I can safely tell you that preparing a few plastic bags in my bedroom do come in handy. ;)

6 comments:

nahneit said...

Yo mate the bi-fold door looks pretty cool!

The colour match perfectly with the toilet wall, everything, great job!

Enjoy ur private moments more in toilet k, no more in ur room. :D

(e+ho)ng said...

@hoe tien han:
Did you learn to rap recently? :D

Anyway, thanks for the compliment. My brother handled all the selections hence he should have all the credits.

After all, I forked out RM0 for the entire renovation... which I disagreed upon since it was such a waste of money in the first place. :P

Anonymous said...

Eeiikss .. how come 3 weeks so long? Aiyo .. if you tell me about it earlier .. sure i ask you to go out and force you to drink plenty of water ... So where did you throw the plastic bags after use?

(e+ho)ng said...

@anonymous:
They promised 3 weeks but ended up taking more than a month to complete it.

The plastic bags? I think they are still somewhere in my room...

Anonymous said...

Nice view of the toilet. Nextime I have to go to visit your new toilet.haha....

(e+ho)ng said...

@mayfang:
No matter how good the renovation is, it is still just a toilet. :S