Friday, May 2, 2008

Iron Man


Iron Man.

Breathtaking - is the only word that best describes the movie.

1st in the breathtaking list would be the Mark 3 armour, take no doubt about it. If you were to ask me, the Mark 3 armour actually put Transformers' transformation sequence to shame.


Evolution of Iron Man's armours.

Casting Robert Downey Jr. as Tony Stark played an essential role in the success of this movie as well. I could not think of any other better actors to portray Tony Stark as wacky as Robert Downey Jr. did. I guess my friend, Claire Lee would be very pleased with the latest development on this favourite actor of hers.

Next on the list would be Tony Stark's Malibu mansion and the gadgets in the basement itself. The mansion has all the to-die-for elements which I shall not elaborate here.

Last on the list would be the Malay Language translation of the title: Orang Besi. WTF?!

All right, enough air in my lungs now so let us stop taking in anymore breath. The movie started out slow, with a flashback on how Tony Stark ended up as a captive in Afghanistan. Once he returned to his Malibu mansion, the saliva-dripping session commenced with a few comical experiments and conversations to lighten up the fact-paced plot a little.

The only grudge I have against this movie would be the battle between Iron Man and Iron Monger which I deemed to be a little too fast short, too furious plain.

Nevertheless, I will still rate Iron Man as one of the few Marvel superhero movies that is truly entertaining (the other one would be Spiderman). Make sure you do not miss it! ;)

10 comments:

靖璇 said...

Hi,
How are you recently, my dear? I miss you so much, even I just leave Penang for 3 days...:p

It is nice to hanging out with you, my dear. Really nice and sweet... enjoying the movie... simple and happy...

Thank you very much for being in my life!

Take care! See you soon!

(e+ho)ng said...

@靖璇:
Life is pretty good so far. :)

I am glad that you enjoyed the movie as much as I did. :)

Yong+Soon said...

i like the development of iron man... but the ending.... TOO SIMPLE...

(e+ho)ng said...

@testing:
Yeah, I have to agree as well. By the way, mind to introduce yourself?

Yong+Soon said...

i wish to watch iron man second time!!!! it's me engsoon over here.

e$tHer said...

If you know Mandarin, when the movie just start, chinese title shown 坚强的男人 (means strong man). So ridiculous(not sure is correct spelling)!
Iron man = Strong man?? :P

Anonymous said...

i just got to know that Iron man movie being cut some part by Malaysia...

(e+ho)ng said...

@testing:
Welcome to my blog. :)

@ey:
Haha... I guess they are having a hard time translating all the weird names & terms.

I would not be surprised if they translated Iron Man as Orang Seterika. XD

@eng+soon:
Which part was cut? Mind to tell me?

Anonymous said...

after lady reporter show tony about his weapon killed alot of people in afganistan, tony sparks talked with his partner about why send the weapon to afganistan... then alot of reporter take photo to his partner while his partner walked away.

(e+ho)ng said...

@eng+soon:
Hmm... somehow I did not notice any discrepancy to the flow of the plot there.