Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Parents Doctor: Faster get married!

Today I have 2 appointments to keep up with; 1 with Dr. Leong followed by another 1 with Dr. Azizi. As I am currently working in the 2pm - 11pm shift, I have to squeeze and ensure that these 2 appointments are completed by 1pm sharp.

Consulting Dr. Leong is never an easy task. I have to wake up early in the morning at 6.30am just to register myself for his clinic. The torment does not end here as Dr. Leong would only make himself available after he completed his rounds in the hospital wards.

This morning I found myself in an empty waiting room. I took it as a good sign to keep my fingers crossed hoping that the consultation would end early.


8.10am: Soulless.

An hour later, the nurse started to distribute the queue number. It was a good decision to bring along Dan Brown's The Da Vinci Code or else I would have fallen asleep.


9.22am: Patient #1.

Another hour ticked past by and the number of patients have increased by multiple folds. Yet, no Dr. Leong in sight.


10.39am: Now serving patient #--.

11am and I was finally in the clinic. Give me back the 4 hours of my life that I have just wasted away!

In case you are wondering, there will be no lab report to be quoted in this post. :P All I can say is that the sperm count result is not something to be proud of and you can expect me to stop blogging for a certain duration in a month or two to come.

Last but not least, pertaining to the title of this blog entry, I kid you not. I have never imagined that a doctor would overtake my father in urging me to get married sooner. WTF has this world come to?

8 comments:

kennysia said...

Eng Hong, Eng Hong,

A man's sperm is his investment to his future. :) Invest wisely.

Keep up the good work blogging.

(e+ho)ng said...

@kennysia:
Err... somehow I am not convinced that you are the real kennysia as there are way too many inconsistencies in your comment.

Anyway, thanks for the comment. Mind to reveal yourself? O.o"

(e+ho)ng said...

@kennysia:
Pardon me for doubting you earlier. It has never occured to me that a celebrity blogger would have the time to drop by in my pathetic blog. Thank you once again.

靖璇 said...

(e+ho)ng,

How are you doing recently? Hope everything is fine.

Taking this seriously, which year you planned to get married in future? 2010? or earlier?

Do you think it is really, our relationship, will be affected by your condition now?

About the discision you had make...please inform me earlier, if there is possible, i will go back for a few days. Don't worry, I will settle with my project.

(e+ho)ng said...

@靖璇:
When I want to get married? O.o" Perhaps you would want to ask the same question to yourself? :D

If my condition did not improve after the operation, there is a possibility that our future relationship could be affected. Perhaps I should consider about the sperm bank that Dr. Leong suggested.

I shall keep you updated from time to time.

靖璇 said...

(e+ho)ng,

When I am going to get married?? It is depend on when someone going to propose me...

Certainly the timing must be good enough and I am ready well for that... Marriage is not a game. You will have extra responsibility other than a girlfriend do...

There are a lot of variables... Depend la...

Ha Ha!!

You must take care good good oh!

靖璇 said...

(e+ho)ng,

"Recent research suggests that there may be no improvement in fertility after treating a varicocele with surgery; indeed, the research implies that there may not even be a reliable causal link between the presence of a varicocele and infertility in males" from wikipedia

these sentences make me a little bit worry...em....

(e+ho)ng said...

@靖璇:
But I have yet to fulfill your requirements, right? :D

I have read the Wikipedia article before. Right now, I believe that the best solution would be to take Dr. Leong's advice.

Moreover, I do not have a past record on my sperm count. Hence, there is not much choice for me to choose from in the first place.