Friday, February 8, 2008

CJ7

I have been scouring the Internet for some opinions on CJ7 before deciding on whether or not to catch the movie. I was very much surprised that the ratio of thumbs down overweighed thumbs up by approximately 4:1.

Lesson of the day: The Internet, just like gossips, is never 100% accurate and trustable.

If I were to describe how much I enjoyed CJ7, I would say that I was practically glued to my seat from the moment the movie started all the way until the movie ended. :)

Unlike previous Stephen Chow movies, CJ7 has a much simpler plot and the usual slapstick humours have been toned down as well.

Nonetheless, in my very own opinion, the very aspect that distinguished CJ7 from the other Stephen Chow movies would be the element of filial piety.

Never in any other Stephen Chow movies that the plot was almost entirely focused on the life of a pair of hardcore poor father-son trying to live their everyday life to the fullest.

I read somewhere that this movie is in fact intended for those poor children in China. I cannot vouch on how true it is but I would strongly agree that this movie undoubtedly displayed a crystal clear message to its viewers: It is not a crime to be poor!

Although initially skeptical of Stephen Chow's weird decision, I am very pleased that Xu Jiao, the young actress that was casted as the son, has managed to carry her role convincingly. Let us hope that there is more to come from this talented young actress in the coming future.

By the way, a word of advice: If you are not a die-hard Stephen Chow fan like me, at the very least get yourself a copy of Kung Fu Hustle first or else, some of the jokes in CJ7 will not fall into place. I guess most of the bad reviews came from those foreigners that knew shit about Stephen Chow movies and ended up writing shitty reviews. :P

All in all, a very much recommended movie for Chinese New Year. Enjoy!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Back to work, and back to reading your blog by the way.

I watched it for 5 min online, the online movie quality is very poor (blur and poor contrast), so I closed it, so I don't know whether it is a nice movie or not.
See who has pirated dvd then only borrow me.

and i am not IMMATURE ok?
Kick u then only u know.

To Chin An:
I don't see you will have 'happiness' and happiness when you are with TEH.
:)
I can give you hapiness too ^_^

(e+ho)ng said...

@anonymous:
Did anyone ever mention you being immature? O_o"

Stop using my blog to communicate with my girlfriend. You can always visit her blog if you have anything personal to tell her.

And also stop telling her weird stuffs like happiness.

Anonymous said...

Can I visit her blog as well???
So, hapiness is weird stuff... funny

(e+ho)ng said...

@anonymous:
I do not see any statement in her blog that forbids you from visiting it. :P

Happiness will sound weird if the following points are fulfilled:
- Comes from you
- Intended for my girlfriend

You are going off topic again. =.="

靖璇 said...

Anonymous:

Hi! You are welcome to vist my blog! Ha Ha!

I am quite sure that I am happy being toghether with (e+ho)ng. No doubt about it... HE HE!!

靖璇 said...

(e+ho)ng,

Hi! Hw are you recently?

I back to UPM and become busy again. I would like to appologize for being ignoring you again...

I also felt not comfortable because you are far away from me...don't want to become alienated fr you. Miss you!

Take care!

(e+ho)ng said...

@靖璇:
Just ignore that anonymous who does not even dare to display her own name. :P

I shall be on MC again tomorrow (Wednesday the 13th) so I shall keep this blog updated about my current condition.

You just make sure that you concentrate on your Final Year Project and thesis! I would not accept your apology for now.

If everything is back to normal, I shall look forward to visit you again after my night shift ends. :)

Anonymous said...

Chin An, thanks alot for this, you are alot better than stupid TEH.

TEH: i always off of topic becuz ur topic is boring, and ur girl girl also out of topic what, come kill me if u bo song .. :D
By the way, i got prison break 3, epi 1 - 10 liao, do u have the complete season3? can borrow me?
I am using anonymous cuz u-know-who am i liao mah, so no need to put name.
I dont like to be famous .. haha

(e+ho)ng said...

@anonymous:
Dare not means dare not. Do not use lame excuse to cover the fact that you have been using anonymous since the first day this blog was established.

Everyone got out of topic due to you being the initiator.

I do no longer keep myself up-to-date on English series.