Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Dr. Azizi Ahmad & Celebrex

Recently, I managed to Google up a forum with patients of the same symptoms as mine. They termed the headache that I have been suffering from as Tender Spots.

I guess Dr. Chan has had enough of me. :( With my tender spots problem going nowhere, he referred me to Dr. Azizi Ahmad from the Multidisciplinary Pain Clinic of Lam Wah Ee Hospital.

Dr. Azizi is an anesthesiologist, or so I was told by one of the nurse who goes by the name of Wong Miew Choo (cut off her i and she might have been mistaken as a national badminton player).

Dr. Azizi is one busy anesthesiologist. I was been made to complete a number of forms that would provide him some basic information about myself and at the same time, minimize the number of questions that he has to ask me later on.

There were both pros and cons of being referred to Dr. Azizi.

The advantage would be that I can get a second opinion about my condition without registering myself at another private hospital.

However, being referred to a pain clinic means that I would most probably been prescribed with counter pain drugs.

This time, I brought home Celebrex capsules. Some of the side effects (red font = symptoms that require medical attention) - as stated in Drugs.com - are even more serious compared to Neurontin:

  • upset stomach, mild heartburn, diarrhea, constipation
  • bloating, gas
  • dizziness, nervousness, headache
  • skin rash, itching
  • blurred vision
  • ringing in ears
  • chest pain, weakness, shortness of breath, slurred speech, problems with vision or balance
  • black, bloody or tarry stools (stools = shit)
  • coughing up blood or vomit that looks like coffee grounds
  • swelling or rapid weight gain
  • urinating less than usual or not at all
  • nausea, stomach pain, low fever, loss of appetite, dark urine, clay-coloured stools, jaundice (yellowing of the skin or eyes)
  • fever, sore throat and headache with a severe blistering, peeling and red skin rash
  • bruising, severe tingling, numbness, pain, muscle weakness
This RM88.30 package comes along with 1 day MC.

By the way, my groin area is getting better, albeit not 100%. My body recovery rate is... disappointingly slow.

2 comments:

靖璇 said...

(e+ho)ng,

Ai yo, pity my boy!!

The medicine you taken...em... wah, so much of side effects... sound like very dangerous... How are you feeling after taking it??
Is it so many side effect happen on you?? I hope not! Pity my boy!!

Take care good good oh! Don't let me see you become thinner when I am going back to Penang!!!

(e+ho)ng said...

@靖璇:
Haha... I really like the way you put down your words. Serious.

At the same time, I cannot help wondering whether my other readers would faint after reading your comment. :D

So far, not much effects noticed. I shall keep this blog of mine updated if there is anything new. :)