Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Of TAOrrhea, sTAOmachache and consTAOpation

Urgh...

I find it really disturbing that I have been plagued with all sort of illnesses since late last year. If things do not get any better soon, you can look forward to paying me a visit me in some bio-hazard institutes where they isolate sick people like me from infecting the world's population. :P

2 weeks ago, I had a great time taking dinner with my girlfriend and ex-coursemates in a very well-known restaurant. The food was delicious while the ambient was almost perfect with a water fountain that looked eerily similar to a penis urinating in the middle of the restaurant.

A day later, my whole world turned topsy-turvy with a lot of staring into my house toilet bowl due to...

I EXCRETED ORANGE OILY SHIT WTF?!

It looked so much like a bloody tap being turned on that I nearly screamed my lungs out. Upon a short moment of observation, I noticed that all the orange-coloured waste particles actually floated on the water surface, hence confirming my suspicion that they were oil and not blood. Not a pretty sight, I can assure you that. :P

After 2 days of Googling, Wikipedia came to the rescue with some revelations that the restaurant might have substituted their Butterfish dish with a type of fish called Escolar WTF?! Let us see what Wikipedia has to say about Escolar:

Escolar is also sold misleadingly as "butterfish", "oilfish" and "Hawaiian butter fish"; in Hawaii and Fiji, it is known as walu.

I ate PLATES of Butterfish!

The gastrointestinal symptoms, called "keriorrhoea", caused by these wax esters may include oily orange diarrhea, discharge, or leakage from the rectum that may smell of mineral oil.

Checked.

The discharge can stain clothing and occur without warning 30 minutes to 36 hours after consuming the fish.

Mine recovered on the 4th day.

What more do I have to say with all these matching symptoms? I even contemplated sueing the restaurant but decided not to proceed on due to insufficient evidence. :(

Can you imagine how humiliating it was to constantly rush into the toilet and check for any orange-coloured mark on my boxer and jeans? :'(

A week after the dinner and dragging until today, I am still suffering from:
  • constipation
  • a few spots of intermittent dull aching sensation in abdomen
  • bloated stomach which caused frequent burping
Even the company in-house clinic doctor commented that my abdomen is full of bowel movement noise as if stones are rolling through.

-sigh-

Moral of the story: Too much of anything is never a good thing...

... and f*ck TAO.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Haha serve u right... who ask you to go to TAO in the first place? And you should take some pictures of your discharge, and it will be the proof then lolz ...
and the most important fact is ... 4 ppl eating the same things .. and we ate plates of butterfish, only you alone got this problem .. so moral of this story ... we go to 5* hotel next time ^_^

(e+ho)ng said...

@anonymous:
Among the 4 of us, I think I ate the most Butterfishes on that particular night.

Maybe we ate so much Butterfishes that the restaurant intentionally swapped the fish for Escolar instead? :P

Err... you were the one that suggested that restaurant, not me.

I need photos of me eating the Butterfish in that restaurant, not a picture of my faeces, you sick girl. >.<"

blueLavender said...

take care

(e+ho)ng said...

@bluelavender:
Thank you.

Anonymous said...

NO need to ask him to take care la ... he is very 'problematic' ... maybe its one of his tactic so that next time we wont choose TAO again .. who knows lolz

e$tHer said...

ok now boi ar... so long d...

(e+ho)ng said...

@anonymous:
Oh damn! I never thought that you would be able to come to that conclusion! >.<"

@esthery@
This is new case. The one I told you last time is my headache. :P

Anonymous said...

Haha .. I am Smart and I can see through you .. so our next gathering will be in 5* hotel then ... i will let Froggie know about it

(e+ho)ng said...

@anonymous:
I think my stomach has allergy towards expensive food. :P