Monday, September 22, 2008

To bribe or not to bribe?

Afternoon shift is not as pleasant as I had always thought them to be. Yeah, there are less calls to take but that is about it.

On the other hand, if you start work at around 8am or 9am, chances are you will not be encountering any roadblocks due to the rush hour. The same theory is also applicable when you are leaving the office at around 5pm - 6pm.

Last Wednesday I was officially booked for the very first time due to expired motorcycle insurance.

The expiry date? 24th April 2008. Well, I have always thought that since the government has waived the motorcycle road tax, I am no longer required to keep my motorcycle insurance up-to-date. :P

Guess I am wrong then.

Of course, there was some dilly-dallies going on between the policeman and me. Both parties were asking each another on how to resolve the issue without having the need to issue a summons. I requested for his opinions and he replied me the same questions WTF?!

Come on Mr. Policeman, the ball is in your side of the court! I have a limitation here as there are possibilities that you will be arresting me should I suggested anything close to bribery.

-sigh-

Fine, I decided to take the ticket instead of risking myself for more serious offence such as attempting bribery. Moreover, this being the Ramadhan month, I should consider myself doing something holy by not enticing him with such an illegal income. :P

Upon reaching the office, I took a good look at my very first ticket. Then it dawned upon me that I might have to make myself present in a session court for this kind of offence WTF?!

My ex-boss was not helping at all by telling me that this offence is not compoundable and I would have to appear in front of a judge as stipulated on the ticket WTF?!

T^T

This afternoon, I tried my luck at the Petani Road police station.


RM300 discounted to RM70. :)

To my ex-boss, thanks for the bullshit nonetheless. :P

Moral of the story: The more vehicles on the road there are, the less likely the police will be doing roadblocks.

6 comments:

e$tHer said...

Raya coming liao... Police also want extra "pocket" money...

Anonymous said...

Serve you right ...

(e+ho)ng said...

@e$ther:
Shh... later you got yourself ISA-ed.

@anonymous:
Aww... thank you. :)

e$tHer said...

ish...

blueLavender said...

compound also got discount?

(e+ho)ng said...

@bluelavender:
Yes, if you pay within the stipulated time. In my case, I was given a duration of 1 month. :)