Sunday, August 24, 2008

In need of money!

Recently, I have been getting a number of calls from total strangers claiming to offer reasonable investment proposals.

Fine, I acknowledge the fact that I am an adult now and money is a major element to worry about. However, this fact itself does not translate to some sort of permissions for these so-called investors to continuously bug me with their offers.

What?! Do I have a big signboard reading In need of money! Please call me at 012 530 XXXX! hung around my neck and invisible only to myself?

I do not even know where they get my information from. My only guess would be that banks have some kind of underground business of sharing or selling customers' information to each another.

Anyway, there was this June who was so persistent in meeting up with me to explain how attractive her package was. After a few ill-timed calls from her, I decided to meet up with her face-to-face to end the sexual harassment, once and for all.

I find it disturbing that investors and insurance agents have so many things in common. It is like they are programmed to take out a piece of paper, draw a timeline and ask simple arithmetic questions such as:

June: You are now 25. Assuming that you retire at age 55, you have another 30 years of opportunity to earn as much as possible, right?
Me: Yes.
June: Now, assuming that you live until the age of 75, how many years do you have to survive with just your pension?
Me: 20 years?
June: Bingo!
Me: =.="

It is no secret that I have always resorted to coming up with all sort of lies and fabricated stories just to replace the almighty NO! when approached by these type of people. I do not know why but I am weak at saying No! repeatedly. I have declined June a few times through the telephone conversation but without any success at stopping her from calling me pointlessly.

-sigh-

Anyway, before I left the meeting, I managed to ask her where she got my contact number from. Turned out that one of my secondary school friends who took her package actually sold me out WTF?!

She did ask me for 1 or 2 friends' contact number. She might be pretty but too bad, I am not the type to be easily influenced by physical looks alone. :)

The only positive outcome of the short apppointment was a large cup of Ribena that she treated me to. Cheers!

10 comments:

CarinaSing said...

Next time if she calls you again.. tell her ... u give me sex, i give u business ...

(e+ho)ng said...

@carinasing:
LOLZ!!~!

If she said yes, what am I going to do? *blush*

What is the probability of me being reported in newspaper as a sex maniac?

CarinaSing said...

Then you can have sex for free ... haha

(e+ho)ng said...

@carinasing:
I am saving up my virginity for my future bride. *blush*

Perhaps you can have a go at it? :D

CarinaSing said...

lol ... but you are inexperience .. maybe its time for u to get some experience before 'serving' ur future wife? lolz
Nope .. i am not interested in girls ok?

Anonymous said...

perhaps u can let her give u a BJ instead? still save ur virginity for ur future-wife-to-be..lolz =P

(e+ho)ng said...

@32686:
Saya suka cara anda berfikir.

e$tHer said...

Hmm, things can get flustrated if they keep bugging... So just say F... O..! I think she will hate you and did not come to you anymore :P

e$tHer said...

or else, you can tell her you dun mind to eat "soft rice" (means she pays and you get all the money in future)... but no guarantee that you not marry to other ppl... ^^

(e+ho)ng said...

@esthery:
You mean I really have to eat real soft rice that she made? Do you mean "nasi kang-kang"? :O