Monday, August 20, 2007

Greener grass

In Dell, people come and go all the time. I guess it was the same for all multi-national corporations since competitions and opportunities are abundant all year long. However, recently I was being shaken by the sudden departure of 2 of my close colleagues.

Early August saw Lee Hin leaving for Shell in Cyberjaya. I gave him one damn big CONGRATULATIONS since it was clearly a better place for such a talented person like him.


Yeoh Lee Hin.

To make things even more interesting, my previous department's Team Leader, Say Leong left for Lenovo on the very day he announced his resignation.


Lim Say Leong.

Since the first day I joined Dell, the 2 of them has provided me with insurmountable amount of guidance, opportunities and knowledge. Therefore, I would like to dedicate this blog entry to the 2 of them for all that they have done for who else but me.

I would like to thank Say Leong for assimilating me into his department even though I clearly know nuts about computer hardware. Judging from how badly I fared during the official interview, I was pretty shocked that he decided to put his faith on me.

I would also like to thank Lee Hin for... EVERYTHING. There is truly no words or pictures that can describe how amazing Lee Hin is. I still remember vividly how he was initially assigned as my Phone Buddy. Just like the 26 alphabets, he played such an important role in my work life that I would have quitted Dell if not for his non-stop guidance and assistance.

They have definitely found the greener grass on the other side of the fence. I wonder where my green grass patch is located at?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, I bet that you will be the 3rd one to leave Dell. Congratulation to you too. You see? I have super 6th sense, luckily I am not a worker in Dell, if not I will hug you and cry together.
This time I am not out of topic liao gua?
Why the pictures look different one? Then where is your another boss's picture ler?

(e+ho)ng said...

anonymous:
What do you mean by the pictures look different? Are you saying that Lee Hin's photo looks brighter while Say Leong's dimmer? That is due to some modification to the camera settings and nothing else.

Another boss? I guess you are referring to Bobby Yeoh, am I right? He is not leaving Dell so there is no valid reason for me to introduce him for the moment.

Pertaining to your bet that I shall be the 3rd person to leave Dell, I am afraid that your prediction is oh so inaccurate. Recently, there has been rumours flying around about someone harbouring the intention to leave Dell. Therefore, I am eagerly waiting for the drama to unfold itself.

By the way, I believe that it is time for you to use your own name rather than hogging onto anonymous. Most of my readers know who you are anyway so what is the point for you to remain being so mysterious?

Anonymous said...

First of all, those pictures look different becuz xxxxxxx ... not suitable to write in here, who knows whether they are your blog's readers or not.
Nope, i was refering to the one that we saw him when we ate dinner together one night, and you told us he looks like 'someone'

I do not care whether you will be he 3rd one to leave or not, to me, if you left == u r consider the 3rd one

Err.. actually my Christian name is Anonymous, so you can call me Anony haha

(e+ho)ng said...

anonymous:
I am pretty sure that none of my blog readers are from Dell. You are not from Dell as well so what is there for you to be afraid of?

When we ate dinner together? Hmm... there are too many occasions of you and me having dinner together therefore I cannot really tell who is that person you are referring to is.

Anonymous is your Christian name? Who is Stranger then? Is Unknown your friend?

Anonymous said...

Maybe my future partner will be from Dell .. so I better be careful .. haha

Just ignore this if you had already forgot about our candle light dinner together :(

Stranger is my current xxx, Unknown is my ex xxx...

This time you are the one who is out of topic...
So aside to Tien Han, its not my fault ok?
I know you just read and do not dare to reply.. haha..

(e+ho)ng said...

anonymous:
I am just merely replying to the messages that you have posted in my blog. I am innocent. :P