Thursday, October 30, 2008

Convocation Episode 3: Birthday Combo

The past few weeks had been pretty eventful.

There was the weekend where I got a pair of twin sisters and myself lost in Selangor while trying to find our way back to Penang. Many thanks to Tien Han for his help in getting us out of the mess even though I was hoping that he would volunteer to drive his car out to lead us back into the highway. :D

Then there was the weekend where my girlfriend finally donned the famous mortar board on her head and officially recognised as a degree holder in Bachelor of Engineering (Process and Food). Words truly cannot describe how proud I was to see her in the maroon-coloured robe, smiling from ear-to-ear while receiving her transcript during her convocation ceremony.


Challenge: Try to notice what is wrong with this photo.

Time really flies. I am now very much aware of the fact that I no longer treat her the same way as I did in the past... even though she insisted that I still treat her as good as I did back then. I guess the following syntax best describes what I have in my mind at the moment:

public void excuse ()
{
  int responsibility;
  int time_For_Creativity;
  int resort_To_Monetary_Gift;
  int limit;

  for (int i = age; i < death; i++)
  {
    responsibility++;

    if (responsibility > limit)
    {
      time_For_Creativity--;

      if (time_For_Creativity < limit)
      {
        resort_To_Monetary_Gift++;
        System.out.println("-sigh-");
      }
    }
  }
}


For those who are not familiar with programming languages, it simply reads that as I grow older, there are more and more responsibilities to be taken care of which, consequently robbing me off the time that I need to come up with things that involve creativity. As a result, I become more and more inclined towards making purchase for gifts to show my affection rather than coming up with something by myself.

Nevertheless, I hope this situation will not remain long for I have taken the initiative to get things back to the way they were in the past. Last but not least, to my dear 靖璇, congratulations on your graduation and Happy Belated 24th Birthday! ^^

19 comments:

nahneit said...

Title-less one?

The answer to your challenge is, you comb ur mushroom hair. :D

Congrats to your dear 靖璇.

(e+ho)ng said...

@hoe tien han:
Ouch... I was too sleepy to miss out the entry title. :D

Your answer is wrong. Perhaps you should take a closer look?

nahneit said...

kenapa episode 3 one?

episode 1 & 2 leh? u makan? :D

something wrong with your hand? or something wrong with the hat? dunno la... :S

(e+ho)ng said...

@hoe tien han:

Episode 1.

Episode 2.

=.="

No, neither my hand nor the hat has anything wrong.

靖璇 said...

hei, what's wrong with photo, man? I can't catch it....

(e+ho)ng said...

@靖璇:
No no, you are not allowed to participate in the challenge. :D

To both you and me, there is nothing wrong with the photo. ;)

e$tHer said...

Err... Really can't spot wrong le... Any hints?

e$tHer said...

As overall, when look at it for the first sight, feel a bit weird for 2 spots only, 1- something below your right ear, 2- Something behind of your right hand. :)

(e+ho)ng said...

@e$tHer:
Hints: Click on the photo to enlarge it. :)

It was a rubbish bin at the back of my right hand.

The thing that looks like hanging from my right ear is a tree trunk. =.="

e$tHer said...

then, the answer is??

e$tHer said...

just guess nia, the malay man behind both of you who wear yellow shirt, taking camera --> bear foot (kaki ayam). Correct ar?

(e+ho)ng said...

@e$tHer:
If I reveal the answer to you, it would no longer considered as a challenge anymore, right? :D

You guessed wrong again. Do not focus on those small small details; look at the bigger picture instead. :)

e$tHer said...

oh, your gf topi punya "qiu qiu" sud be on left hand side not right hand side... Hehe... :)

(e+ho)ng said...

@e$tHer:
Wrong again. =.="

Take a look at the flowers. What do you think?

e$tHer said...

Flower? Fake flower made by the soft soft type 1 lo... umm, reli is nothing wrong le... -.-??

(e+ho)ng said...

@e$tHer:
Frankly speaking, this was the very first time I see fake flowers in a convocation.

I guess it is not so surprising to you after all. :S

e$tHer said...

V(^.^)V

Anonymous said...

I hate to break it to you man but there will be compile time errors >_>

1. You didn't initialize your variables, meaning they will be NULL.
2. death != int datatype, so your for loop will also run indefinitely

Therefore, your excuse function will not compile.

Layman term, your "excuse" would not be valid and it won't work anyway. >:D

(e+ho)ng said...

@daniel boey:
Aww... good to have you back.

Pertaining to the syntax, it is just a metaphorical description and you are taking it WAY too seriously. I guess I should have politely request that all programmers abandon their nature of being so meticulous before reading this particular entry of mine. >.<"

Nevertheless, as flawed as it can be, I believe that you should have no problem in compiling the output. :)