Saturday, April 17, 2010

3,338 days

Today marks the three thousand three hundred thirty eighth days since we began our relationship...


... and this was the very first flower bouquet she has ever received from me.

Surprised? Call me cheapskate or tasteless but truth to be told, she doesn't like the fact that flowers will eventually wilt and die. Yeah, I am completely aware of the fact that most girls don't mean what they say...


... but what good are 101 roses if they don't end up with a pair of wedding bands?

I think it's pointless to declare on the obstacles that we have to go through in order to reach this point in time since no relationship will survive long without conflicts.


Legally we're married, but custom wise, I guess we're just engaged.

If you noticed from all the ABCDE entries, I'm the type to take things in stages instead of rushing through them once and for all. After all, I need you guys to save up enough before I start distributing wedding invitations, no? :D


It took me almost three minutes trying to slip the ring onto her finger, only to realize that we've both got the wrong hand. *facepalm*

Ahem... if you still don't get it, here's the harsh version: You can save your breath instead of asking me when I'm going to hold the wedding dinner. It's not going to be anytime soon.


It was our big day, so how come we were not the ones to get to sit? :(

As you can see from the photo above, we only extended invitations to closest family members and friend as we have to keep the crowd to minimum.


Once we were done swearing, it's the Assistant Registrar of Marriage's turn to yada yada yada us into donations. :P

By the way - just for your information - the oath is very much longer if you recite them in English. Do opt for the Chinese version if both you and your partner are able to read Chinese. :)


The latecomers.

Seriously, I've been staring at the monitor for few hours now, not sure on what exactly to write. It's pretty awkward, since I always write stuffs that will eventually end up with -sigh- but for this particular entry, I don't think it's appropriate for me to do so. :P


Mr. and - semi - Mrs. Tan. :)

11 comments:

tkt said...

Dude,Congrats!!!Anyhow I still think it's overdue la...hehe
well hope you guys live happily ever after

cheers

(e+ho)ng said...

@tkt:
Overdue not as in expired right? Haha...

Anyway, thanks for the well wishes. :)

me said...

congrat.

but is there bug in this comment posting? i got posted a comment previously, but it doesnt seems like appear here.

(e+ho)ng said...

@me:
Perhaps your comment was not registered successfully before you closed the window?

Anonymous said...

Congrats ..... paise .. recently very busy with my work .. "ahem ahem" no time to surf blog ...

(e+ho)ng said...

@Anonymous:
Yet, you still have time to curse Streamyx for making you miss the Mafia War's Paris release? *rolleyes*

CarinaSing said...

Haha ... of course need to complain mah ... or else someone will thought that i am lost in workingland

~~詠鉌の物語~~ said...

sweet sweet couple... :-)
~Congratz~

(e+ho)ng said...

@~~詠鉌の物語~~:
Thank you very much for everything. This entry will not be possible if it wasn't for you!

Chin Hock said...

Congrates TEH. u r a big guy now. ;)
Do not always dream nia, Nike!

(e+ho)ng said...

@Chin Hock:
Thanks for the well wishes. The oath still stands until we're completely married. :)