Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Please remove me

I'm not sure if this is a trend that only exists within my company or if it's the same elsewhere. Basically, the scenario started when a lost soul forwarded an escalation email to a group mailbox that consists of many unrelated parties. Within a few minutes, all hell broke loose!

Common sense dictates that all you have to do is ignore and delete these unrelated emails since you're aware of the fact that you're not the intended recipient. Easy, right?


Please remove me! Me too! Me three!

But no! This is the very opportunity to make your presence known to all the employees within the company so you MUST reply to all and request that your email address is removed from the list of recipients!

What began as a single email that got itself sent to the wrong mailbox soon became a flurry of spam emails and before you knew it - congratulations - you now have 157 unread emails with the exact same subject line appearing out of nowhere like a virus outbreak.


It doesn't matter what the person below wrote.

Once in a while, a smart alec will take it a step further by replying to all with some small changes to the subject line like Don't reply to all! which ironically does not help the situation even the slightest bit since it's going to get ignored and thanks, that's an extra spam email in my mailbox.

-sigh-


To make this kind of joke when the recipient list includes directors and managers, this guy sure got balls!

*Shift + Delete + Enter*
*Shift + Delete + Enter*
*Shift + Delete + Enter*

4 comments:

me said...

is this your working email? i zoom in though, tapi macam bukan hang punya.....

(e+ho)ng said...

@me:
Of course it's my mailbox. Which part of it doesn't look like mine?

Anyway, the point of posting those photos up is to prove that even a multi-national corporation is not immune to mentally challenged employees. :P

Chin Hock said...

haha, there is no reply at all from our dept. Means we r x so bad. ;)

(e+ho)ng said...

@Chin Hock:
Oh my god, my coach is reading my blog! Please remove my blog from your list of reading materials! :D

Sarcasm aside, I think we're all sane enough to know the peril of invoking the wrath of the big, big bosses out there.