Saturday, December 15, 2007

Headache diagnostic in Lam Wah Ee Hospital

I went to have a medical checkup in Lam Wah Ee Hospital yesterday morning with my girlfriend tagging along.

One of my friends recommended Dr. Francis Tan but the receptionist informed me that Dr. Francis was not able to accept new patient on that particular day. She proceeded to refer me to Dr. Chan Hock Soon instead.

It was a good thing that my girlfriend insisted on following me to the medical checkup as I had the chance to catch some sleep while waiting for my turn to consult the doctor. Truth to be told, I was pretty exhausted since I had just finished my shift in office before fetching my girlfriend along to the hospital.

Dr. Chan listened to my headache diary and he assured me that it was most likely some ligaments outside of the skull that caused the headache. His reasons were:

  • I am able to pinpoint the various spots that were aching.
  • I did not feel like throwing up, hence there is nothing to be worried about my brain.
Dr. Chan was unable to determine the cause of sourness at the back of my head after the badminton game. I requested for a CT scan or MRI scan but he claimed that there was no need for any scan at the moment.

I was being given 14 pieces of Sibelium 5mg tablet and advised to take 1 piece each night before sleep. Total cost of the treatment was RM66.70.

I was pretty surprised that I managed to sleep soundly after the medical checkup. It could be due to exhaustion from work but I definitely hoped that it was a good sign of recovery.

The only thing that is bugging me at the moment is that I am still feeling a little blur... as if I have just woke up with my response slower than usual. That was the only symptom that I forgot to mention to Dr. Chan.

Nevertheless, I shall give the medicine a week to work and if things did not go back to 100%, I shall pay Dr. Chan another visit.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, how are you now? Hope that you are still alive and kicking.
Paise, I am busy recently and no time to read your entries.
I don't know what to write in here la, except for I am the special one :D
take care and live longer,

(e+ho)ng said...

@anonymous:
I am still alive. What is so special about yourself?

Anonymous said...

I am special and you know why .. hehe

(e+ho)ng said...

@anonymous:
I do not know why. Anyway, I am going to get off track again if I insist on knowing why so I shall stop asking here.

nahneit said...

maybe it was just a mental thing before and after u do your checkup leh? Actually there's no headache at all but there's this mental thing caused u to feel that u have headache leh? hahahahaha.

anyway, do take care of yourself my friend.

(e+ho)ng said...

@hoe tien han:
Hmm... I did think about it before but the headache was really there.

So far I have yet to recover 100% but let us hope that it is indeed getting better. :S

I was about to attend another medical checkup just now but upon consideration, backed down as I have yet to finish my medicine.

I am afraid that the doctor will find me troublesome but I really hope that he would allow me to get a scan to confirm that physically my head is in normal condition.

I shall keep you guys updated.

Thanks for the concern!

nahneit said...

Once medicine finished, go for second apoointment, like this u'll become assured how well u've progress and only like this, doctor will earn your hard earned money, hahaha.

(e+ho)ng said...

@hoe tien han:
I do not mind him earning my money as long as he is able to get me back to my old 100% form.

I am now having badminton phobia and do not plan to play the fight as if I am in Thomas Cup style anymore.

Basketball is kind of hard to give up... unless it aggravated my headache further. :(

Anonymous said...

The doc gave u medicine for how many days? Why still not yet finish the medicine de? Everyone get sick easily now with the weather during cny ma.
Ya know, i do have headache mostly everynight, and have been taking umphanol before going to sleep.
Don't think so much and think positively la.
U still young, and most important is u didnt die when doc said u supposed to years ago, so it means that you will not die young.

(e+ho)ng said...

@anonymous:
The medicine will last until this coming weekend.

I would not be so worried if it was just the normal type of sickness such as cough or flu.

I am not sure what Umphamol is for but if you think your headache is serious, you should pay the doctor a visit as well. Having headache every night sounds is pretty, in my opinion.

Young does not mean that I am immune to death. :'(

Nevertheless, thanks for your advice. They are very much appreciated.