Friday, September 10, 2010

Barli suam satu!

I couldn't hide my surprise when I read about Cheong Kheng's proposal via Facebook last night. He was like the second guy I knew to propose to his partner in Bali this year alone, which kind of give me the assumption that Bali is the next best destination for romance-related activities.

Looking back, I thought that I had gone the extra mile by proposing to waifu in Langkawi island. Well, the extra mile comes from the fact that I initially intended to propose in Penang island itself, somewhere by a beach with kerosene-soaked clothes lighted up to spell something along the line of 嫁给我吗? So in a way, you can say that going down on one knee in Langkawi island instead can be considered an upgrade to the plan, though it didn't go as well as I hoped. However, to have two of my secondary schoolmates flying all the way to Bali and proposed there, my plan was truly laughable. Amateurish, if I may add. :(

-sigh-

I actually did aim to visit Bali for my honeymoon, especially after reading about the magnificient Ubud Hanging Gardens in kennysia.com but to see Cheong Kheng booking a unit there just to pop the magical question, I really need to think twice if I should proceed ahead with that intention. As if that was not enough to set me deeper into the cavern of inferiority complex, he got her a Brilliant Rose!

A. ****ing. 66-faceted. Brilliant. Rose!

That was the type of diamond ring that I wanted to buy to go along with my proposal but due to the fact that the nearest boutique is in Kuala Lumpur, I've to settle for a much more normal 58-faceted cut diamond ring instead. Yea, I know Kuala Lumpur is not really that far away but you'll have to take into consideration the scenario where you need to do some size alteration to the ring, right?

So get it. He proposed in a place that I wanted to go for my honeymoon, with a ring that I failed to get. That is definitely... a little bit depressing and boy, do I feel cheap. :(

But hey, it was a special occasion so who am I to ruin it? Moreover, to read about this on the same day that I got into a road accident - ouch my legs :'( - it sure brought a smile to my face. At least I can now put a big fat line across that FML label that I've categorized yesterday under. :)

I'm not adding their photos here since I don't want to go through all the trouble of seeking their permissions. Moreover, the chance of them reading this entry of mine is almost nil but still, a very big congratulations to both Ham Lert and Cheong Kheng!

Woo hoo~

9 comments:

靖璇 said...

Hi, my dear! It is already the best for me in Langkawi. I have a good time with you in there, Amazing and Unforgetable experience!!!

(e+ho)ng said...

@靖璇:
Ahh! I didn't expect that you'll be reading this entry so soon.

Thanks for the reassurance but... this is so embarrassing that I'm not even sure what to say. :S

nahneit said...

propose again la XD

(e+ho)ng said...

@Black Kid King:
That will only render a proposal meaningless and special no more. :(

Cathy Bok said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cathy said...

Never compare.
some friends that i know of didn't even get a proper proposal k!
And gosh I didn't even know guys are so into the engagement ring..must make sure my future one reads this haha!

(e+ho)ng said...

@Cathy:
I guess you can call it ego. Well you know, something along the line of Hey guys, I just proposed to my fiancée with a diamond ring this big! At Langkawi some more OK?! *smirk*

2 weeks later, Friend A proposed in Bali WTF?!

2 months later, Friend B proposed in Bali with a Brilliant Rose WTF?!

Hahaha... just kidding with the scenario above. I sincerely believe that all guys want to give their lady the best they possibly can, so a little envy now and then should be harmless. :)

Ham Lert said...

Just dropping by to say I read this post :]

(e+ho)ng said...

@Ham Lert:
And why are you reading my blog on the eve of your marriage registration? :D

Hehe... congratulations anyway. I'll make it a point to spend less this year. *hint hint*

P.S. Tell me, did you somehow stumble upon this blog of mine by running a search on your name in Google?