Friday, June 5, 2009

Transforminators

I recently watched the Terminator Salvation and boy, was I disappointed that it did not live up to the hype it garnered. Fine, I admit that it was pretty OK but I expected much more than that especially since we are talking about the Terminator series and it even starred Christian Bale, arguably the most popular actor at this point in time.

-sigh-

With the Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen just around the corner, a digital studio by the name of Black20 released a mash-up video combining these two totally-unrelated-yet-similar-themed movie series into one nice yet hilarious hybrid trailer.



I recommend you to watch the video in HQ and scripted below is the excerpt that I managed to make out for John Connor's commentary:

This is John Connor.
We've been fighting for a long time.

It was bad enough when we were fighting the Terminators.
Then the Transformers came.

Now we just call them the Transforminators.

They used to shoot at us.
Now they turn into sweet cars.

They're taking human prisoners.
Replicating human tissue.

And worst of all...
... eating all of our sand.

I nearly burst out laughing when John Connor shouted Why are you trashing my scene? You ARE trashing my scene! Don't shut me up!

However, I must say that hearing Optimus Prime uttering the Terminator's famous hasta la vista line sounded a little Protoss-ish to me, or maybe it was just me being a StarCraft fanboy. :P