Friday, January 16, 2009

Priestess of the Moon

Around a month ago, paper models suddenly became the latest bug to hit almost everyone in the office. It was pretty interesting, considering the fact that none of them has ever knew of its existence all the while.

I collaborated with Wei Hong to build the Warcraft 3's Priestess of the Moon model.


Warriors of the night, ASSEMBLE! *rawr*

In case you find it ugly, kindly note that the 3D sprite as provided by Blizzard is more or less of the same quality.


Blizzard's Priestess of the Moon GIF.

Building this particular paper model is certainly not an easy task to accomplish. We took approximately a week to complete it, gluing it piece by piece between taking customer calls and replying emails.


Front view.


Side view.

We even built a black-and-white prototype to get some rough estimation on its difficulty level.


Meow~

My colleague, Rudy liked the concept so much that he built another 2 paper models all by himself.


Demonic form Illidan Stormrage.


Pandaren Brewmaster.

There are so many various paper model templates available on the Internet! Perhaps you can try your hand on one? :)

6 comments:

e$tHer said...

Good job! I tried before is the Kungfu Panda 1. Not a easy task le... :)

(e+ho)ng said...

@e$tHer:
Thanks! Maybe you should introduce your paper model in your blog as well? :)

e$tHer said...

Hahaha... I guess i already recycled it when the time i moved my cubicle last 2 months... Unless i re-do again :)

Anonymous said...

The Pandaren looks skinny.

On another note, I'm back in Penang until the 7th/8th day of CNY. :D

(e+ho)ng said...

@daniel boey:
Bad photo angle. :P He is not as skinny as he looked to be.

I am not taking any off day during Chinese New Year. :(

Anonymous said...

I don't know how to describe my feeling further for this incredible & fantastic art work (although almost everyday I will see it once :-)).