Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Office arsenals

With the amount of time that I spend in the office, it would be blasphemous to deny that the tiny little cubicle where I...

  • place my ass at
  • accumulate mental stress and pressure with no opportunity to release them
  • curse and scold cust... I mean praise and thank customers
... almost every day has grown to be my 2nd home.

Compared to my colleagues, my cubicle is pretty empty and I do not put much effort in decorating / renovating this puny space to match my personality. Moreover, in less than 1 year, I have been moved from cubicles to cubicles for a total of 6 times. Tell me, who in his right state of mind would want to tire himself silly by moving stuffs around with the constant cubicle remapping?

Without further ado, allow me to introduce the essential elements in my cubicle that I cannot live without:

Computer

Standard equipment to access databases, log cases and locate information. The only office without a computer is the washroom. In my case, 2 monitors are required due to the number of applications that I have to run and view at the same time.

Telephone

The only office equipment that grant the customers ability to complain, scold, yell, threaten and curse at me.

Food

The only way I can utilize my mouth whenever I do not have to speak to the customers. Instant noodles are to be consumed during night shift only while biscuits are available all day long. If you think these tidbits are company sponsored, it is certainly time for you to wake up.

Water bottle

The smaller the water bottle is, the more rounds to the pantry I would have to make. *SMACK* The only reason I am stuck with this small water bottle is due to its stainless steel attribute. :P

Miscellaneous

Keychain from Paris and postcard from Vietnam to remind myself on how unfortunate my life is to be trapped in this puny cubicle. Meanwhile, the photo is to keep track on the number of colleagues that have left the company.

2 comments:

nahneit said...

wah, got food and phone, I don't have them on my table leh. Tat day my lady boss just said to me,:"How come your table look so empty ha?"

Yours is much better than the one I'm having leh, haha. Good for you.

btw, the photo...will the photo give you more will power to leave Diao? haha...

(e+ho)ng said...

hoe tien han:
I really wish that I have the privilege to throw the telephone away. Haha...

Pertaining to the photo, you are absolutely right. They (the colleagues in the photo that are no longer here) have done it, so what am I waiting for? :D

Of course there are a lot of stuffs to think about before making such a big decision.

Indecisive, indecisive...