Monday, February 26, 2007

Blackidness

It is just the end of February and I have already been struck by the curse of blackidness. If you are unfamiliar with the term of blackidness, then please go to TIeNhaN's Blog. Some of the not-so-nice incidents that I have just experienced lately are (but not limited to):

1. Friendster Blogs
I decided to go back to my blogging days and just to make it a little special, I decided to give Friendster Blogs a try but somehow I was disappointed with the no-HTML-editing feature. Back to Blogger.com.

2. Modem, adapter... or RJ11?
Recently I moved back into my room after my sister and brother-in-law moved to their brand new house. I dropped the modem and unable to initiate connection with the DSL LED blinking non-stop. Assuming that the modem was faulty, I handed it (together with the adapter) over to my colleague for testing but he confirmed that both were working fine.

With nothing much to troubleshoot, I simply tried with another RJ11 and, lo and behold, the DSL LED became steady! Even though I managed to get to the root of the problem, I still find it hard to believe that of all the components to get faulty, it was the RJ11 that was messing around.

3. Backside tear
Went to do some shopping with my girlfriend last Saturday at Prangin Mall. I even managed to book 2 tickets of The Protégé at Golden Screen Cinemas Gurney Plaza. We went down to Prangin Mall's motorcycle park only to discover that my back tyre was punctured and therefore, we missed the movie. I always get pissed off easily when my plan backfired.

4. Frontside also tear
Just came back from my girlfriend's house and guess what? Today is only Sunday and this time, my front tyre was punctured. At 1am, I have no choice but to wake my brother up to fetch me home and called my colleague to fetch me to work tomorrow.

This is the exact moment when I feel like barking, "WTF, what are our scientists doing? Is a puncture-proof tyre so hard to invent?"

Deep inside my mind, I was wondering... if it was possible for me to experience back-to-back punctured tyres on my 2-wheeled motorcycle, what are the chances of me to experience 4 flat tyres if I were to get myself a car?

5. Banned in mIRC
I don't know why but somehow, I managed to get myself banned from Rizon server where I always download manga. Not that important anyway.

At the end of the day, I still find myself lucky to have a supportive and understanding girlfriend. Today is our 6th anniversary and therefore, I would like to nullify this negative post by wishing ourselves Happy 6th Anniversary!

4 comments:

MayFang said...

Ha...No wonder you asked me to read your blogs...I am really better than you. But you still can enjoy your 6th anniversary together with your girlfriend. I never enjoy it before although I have boyfriend...Hehe...because my boyfriend and I are staying at different area at that moment. So I wish you "HAPPY BELATED 6TH ANNIVERSARY".

(e+ho)ng said...

mayfang: Haha... you have to understand that both of us actually made an effort to be together on this special day.

I understand that it has never been easy especially with your partner at somewhere miles away when you need him most. I hope that you will be able to spend your quality time with him when your 6th year is up too. ;)

Thanks for your well wishes too! :D

Anonymous said...

think the chances you get to experience 4 flat tyres is not very high la.. If it really happen, then may god bless you. Hehe...
Thanks to your blog coz let me get the chance to learn about the RJ11 and oso RJ45.
Your blog is not bad, good job.
Dunno what's the reason drive you to write this blog but don't close it before 3 years times. ;)

(e+ho)ng said...

aichoon: The chance is not very high? Hmm... somehow that does not sound very convincing to me. :D

I am glad that you managed to learn something up from my blog. Maybe it is time for you to pay me for the learning fees? :D

I shall definitely try to keep it up for as long as possible. But there is no guarantee though. :S